Saturday, April 21, 2012

1.20 - What Changed?

James has been painting ever since he was young, but he never saw it as anything more than a hobby until his art teacher took him aside to talk about LeFromage art school in France. The boarding school itself was amazing, old, and could really open doors for him... but he threw the flyer out as soon as he got home. His family needs him. Cadie needs him. He’s not about to let them down.



Speaking of Cadie and James, they're rarely apart. Serena wants to know if there’s anything romantic between them.




“Well I dunno, if he asked me I guess.” Cadie giggles, smiling to herself. “It might be nice to date James.”
“Why?”
“Cause he’s always there for me, he’s my best friend, and have you seen him at the pool? HOT!” 
Cadie’s words echo Serena’s feelings almost perfect. So why does the idea of kissing Liam still gross her out so much?




Liam’s birthday arrives.




And he becomes a handsome young man with eyes for only one very special girl.




Serena’s almost relieved for the few days of freedom she’ll have now. She’ll need that time to sort out her thoughts, see what kind of future she wants, and if Liam is even involved in that future.




“I found that boarding school flyer.” Cadie says, cornering James in the garage later that same day. “Why’d you throw it out? That would be such a huge opportunity for you!”




“I can’t just leave you, Cadie. You’re my best friend and you need me.”
“I do.” She admits. “But LeFromage Art School is all the way in France... so far from here.”
He doesn’t get what she’s hinting at until she kicks his shin. “Oh! You think Boinky might disappear if we’re at boarding school?”
“I hadn’t even thought of that!” She lies, obviously pleased that he figured it out himself.
He matches her smile. “It's worth a shot. Come on, we can apply online.”




Liam graduates, top of his class and most likely to achieve his lifetime goal of becoming a Sports Legend. He already has a job lined up at the local sports arena so his classmates’ prediction might just come true.




In a surprise even to them, both Cadie and James were accepted to the art school. James for his skills, Cadie for her “imagination” and stellar grades.Now the hard part is convincing their parents to let them go. They decide to wait until after Liam’s graduation ceremony... right after.




Melody has a moment of utter panic, seeing her sister’s face instead of her daughter’s when she asks about boarding school. But this isn’t the same at all. Aria was sent as a punishment, Cadie actually wants to go. 
“Sweetheart are you sure? I mean, you’ve only just met your father and it would break his heart to see you go like this.”




“I know, mom.” Cadie admits, feeling uncomfortable. “But I really think boarding school is the best thing for me, and I do have to think about my own future and what’s best for me. I want to do this, please. Dad will understand.”




At last Melody visibly gives in. “Alright... if you’re sure. But you have to call every other day at the least, even if you have to study, no partying, no woo-hoo, and I expect you to be home the same night you graduate. Understood?”
The conditions seem harsh, but Cadie accepts.




Just up the stairs a similar conversation is going on between Alexandra and James. But she gives him no guilt or reasons against attending. Alexandra already knows this is best for her son, and she won’t step between him and a better future. 
“Just remember I’ll miss you every second until you're home.”
James just nods against her chest, trying to keep her from seeing his tears. He can’t believe he’s crying but he’ll really miss his family!




Liam refuses to stay in his stuffy graduation robes for more than is necessary, and changes out of them the first chance he can. “That feels SO much better.” He smiles, nearing Serena. “I finally feel like I can breath again. How’s the hair?”




“It uh... it looks great.” She feels a flip in her stomach when she looks into his bright eyes, similar to the night they first kissed. Suddenly she’s counting down the days until her own birthday. 
“I know technically you’re underage but the house will be empty tomorrow... I’ll cover for you if you skip school and we could maybe... I dunno.”
She knows what he wants, and suddenly the feeling is gone and she feels a little sick. “Sorry Li, I’ve got an exam tomorrow. Really shouldn’t miss it.”




Liam goes to drive Serena home but gets stopped by Melody before he can. Dammit, of course she heard their entire conversation. That woman has ears like a hawk! 




As soon as Serena is in the cab home with the rest of the family, Liam starts the pleading and apologizing. 
“Mrs. Sari I swear I meant no disrespect. I love your daughter like you can’t imagine, and it was just a dumb joke. Of course we’re waiting until marriage and I won’t lay a finger on her until she’s at the very least legal. I was just... showing her that I still loved her, age be damned.”




“I’m not angry, Liam. I know what love is.” Melody smiles. “But I just want to make sure you’re serious about my daughter. Your own mother won’t stop me from pulling you apart piece by piece if you ever hurt my daughter.”




“Ma’am, I’m very serious about your daughter. My intention is to marry her someday... if you’ll give me your blessing, that is.”




The school is sending them a car to take them to the airport first thing the next morning, so Cadie and James have one final night in their own beds before heading off to boarding school. 
“I think this might actually work.” Cadie smiles. “And you have no idea what it means to me that you’re willing to go through with this for my sake.”




“It’s for my sake too.” James claims. 
“I know. But um... really, I just want to say thank you. If you, uh, know what I mean.”




He doesn’t get what she’s hinting at this time until her lips are on his.




Young romance really is nauseating when you can’t touch your own girlfriend for a week.




At least they can talk without punishment. 
“I know something you don’t know~” He teases, whispering into her ear. 
She’s tired, and not in the mood for him right now. “Oh? And what secret would this be?”
“Your mom gave us her blessing for marriage. Your dad is cool with it too. They can’t wait for the wedding.”




“Oh... that’s fantastic, I guess.” She excuses herself before he can see her fake smile turn into tears. Even her parents want to see her married off straight out of high school? She can’t deal with this right now.
Liam doesn’t need to see her face to know his announcement caught her off guard. He thought this was what she wanted too. Did he do something wrong? What changed?



---

Liam <3 His last trait is hopeless romantic, and he's up for download on the legacy exchange now: Sari Legacy Sims

I'm goanna miss Cadie and James but they're just SO much younger than my heir that it would be annoying to have them around the house during the start of her generation. So off to boarding school they go! Next chapter starts off Gen 2 (omg FINALLY) so I'll be finishing up Alex's storyline at least, and maybe filling in a few notes about Mel and Naveen before leaving the older generation to live their own lives and focusing on Serena and Liam. 

8 comments:

  1. Poor Liam. Please, please let me make him feel better. Honest, I'll be sweet! He really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he won't say no to some make-him-feel-better woo hoo : P

      Delete
    2. LOL Oh god, I don't trust either of you!

      Delete
    3. That might be a good idea, Kayla.

      Delete
  2. Poor Liam, Serena really ought to talk to him about how she's feeling.

    I hope Cadie's plan works out for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serena will open up when she's ready. And not one second sooner (even though that might have been the better idea).

      Delete
  3. Well I hope you're able to salvage the legacy saves once your computer is either fixed or you get a new one (I'm not sure what you decided on... or if you decided at all). I want to know what happens to Liam and Serena! :/ And good luck with your computer issues btw - in case I haven't said that yet. I'm crossing my fingers that everything works out.

    Also, I love James. He's just too cute for words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot finished gen 1. Man a lot has happened, but it seems like they are all working it out.

    So glad Naveen (sorry if that's spelled wrong) got out of jail. That guy deserved to die for what he did and then taunting him about it.

    The kids are all so cute.

    I hope Liam gives Serena some time. He's already to move forward, but she may want to explore more. I guess only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete