Thursday, September 27, 2012

5.9 - The news


Sophie Rodgers-Von Gould invites Gem over for a play date after school. She lives in a mansion.



She’s a fairy, her adoptive mother is a human, and so is Sophie’s younger brother.




Sophie’s step dad? ... Terrifying.




Jade’s finally making an effort, but she can’t physically handle twins 24/7. So Coral does help out when she can.




Nico always takes over with Trinity. He spends almost all of his spare time with her.




Gem doesn’t remember his dad spending that amount of time with him when he was a toddler...




Coral tucks Marise in to sleep while Jade tries to change Maven’s diaper. Tomorrow, Gem becomes a teenager, and not long after that Trinity will become a child. Coral almost wants to have another baby... almost.




Nico and Coral spend most of the morning planning a big party for Gem, so he’s on babysitting duty.




He likes playing with Trinity. She’s cute.




The party begins, and Gem suddenly realizes he’s the youngest of his group of friends. (Vampire in the background there is Tristan, Sophie’s older half brother... their dad is a little over protective.)




Gator does not approve of Sophie’s sad attempt at cleavage.




Gem blows out his candles.




And grows up hot. Really... really... hot...




Coal can’t believe her baby is so grown up. Soon he’ll be an adult, and married, and then she’ll feel OLD (obviously she still hasn’t gotten used to the concept of vampiric youth...).




Gem spends most of the party dancing with Sophie.




Gator DOES. NOT. APPROVE.




Sophie knows full well that she was adopted. Her mother never kept that fact hidden, and her step father was very careful to treat her no differently than his biological children. But even then, she knows Gem’s situation is different. He’s filled her and Gator in on his suspicions of Coral not being his biological mother, but if she isn’t his mom than who is? And why won’t his parents talk to him about it?




Tristan doesn’t hear what the kids are talking about, he just wonders if his dad would approve of a relationship between his precious princess and Gem Sari. Sure the kid seems to be a descendant of the Dracule family, but the Van Goulds and Dracules were never on exactly friendly terms.




Are these two thinking of romance? Heck no. At least, not yet. Come on Tristan, let them get used to their new body parts before you think of setting them up.




As curfew approaches, the kids head home and the house settles down. Gem offers to help Jade put the toddlers to bed and Coral sits down with Nico. 

“He keeps asking about her.” Nico mutters softly, so only Coral can hear him. “What do I do? What do I say?”




“You can’t tell him about Danika just yet.” Coral smiles, wiping a tear from Nico’s face. The memories still hurt him, but they don’t affect her at all. She was happy when Nico’s mom stopped by with Gem to give them the tragic news. “He isn’t old enough to understand what happened between you and Danika.”




“I don’t think he’ll ever be old enough to know he was an accident.” Nico sighs, focused completely on his wife. “And I KNOW he’ll never be old enough to understand why I have him. How do you tell a kid his mom tried to kill him? I can’t do it, Coral, I just can’t.”



---

See that hottie up there? Yeah. He's my heir now. I couldn't help it. 

20 comments:

  1. Danika tried to kill him?! WHAAA? She's even more off her rocker than I thought.

    Well Gem... *ahem* hello there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never underestimate the batshit insanity of any of my characters.

      Delete
  2. Ah. I think I know where this is going.

    And damn youuu, I was gonna use it myself one of these days. Now I can't. MAYBE THAT IS FOR THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD To be honest this storyline is going to be weird, but yeah, that is most definitely for the best.

      Delete
  3. Danika tried to kill her own child? I'm so glad she failed---he turned out very nice indeed! :D I don't blame you for picking him as heir, I would have done so too! He even has a neat name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep intending to make jokes about Gem's name but I always forget. And honestly I still can't figure out if Danika named him that as a joke, or if Nico is just really shitty at picking out names.

      I do like his name, it just feels like something a bad parents would name their kid to give him issues.

      Delete
    2. It sounds like the kind of name a pop star or other type of drug-addled Hollywood person would give their kid, and Nico is full of himself so I didn't bat an eye at it, really. xD

      Delete
    3. I'll tell you this much, the only reason he wasn't named "Fabio" is cause I did that back in gen 13.

      Delete
    4. I thought it was some kind of recurring theme: Pearl, Jade, Coral, Gem...

      Delete
    5. That would have been too clever for me, Heaven.

      Delete
  4. Danika tried to kill her own child? Yikes, she was worse & more crazy than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a method to her madness. It was just a really REALLY terrible method.

      Delete
  5. Gem takes after his dad. <3 The hotness shall continue into the next generation! But of course now I'm incredibly curious about why Danika tried to kill Gem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be a shocking "Ah ha!" moment when we find out what happened. It'll be more... well, you'll see.

      Delete
    2. I don't know, I'll probably still be shocked lol. And just to let you know (completely forgot it earlier) the mansion in the 1st picture is beautiful!

      Delete
    3. The mansion is a real lot in Moonlight Falls, the one belonging to the Van Gould family. I'm hoping they stay in that lot for a long time. It is HUGE.

      Delete
    4. In twallan's StoryProgression under household options, there is a setting called "ancestral". If you set it to true, it keeps the house under the rule of the same family (or at least it tries to). You might want to use it for the Van Gould's mansion, as I could see that as a house they would pass down from generation to generation. =)

      I enjoyed the line about "letting them get used to their new body parts". I lol'ed.

      Delete
    5. Thank you so much, Colleen! I totally forgot about that option! I forgot it existed, and I think I might use it for the Goodfellows as well, since their home is so perfect for them.

      Sophie aged up the night before, she I'm sure she's fine with romance, but come on Tristan! Gem was a kid only a few hours ago! He's still trying to get understand the feelings Sophie's lack of cleavage gives him!

      Delete
  6. Gem is very cute. I wouldn't call him 'hot' yet (he has a baby face!) but I suspect he's going to be when he hits young adult. I love the way his hair colors turned out too.

    I also like what you did with Sophie. I didn't play Moonlight Falls long enough to see what the two switcheroo babies grew up to look like or their personalities, so this is fun to see! Gator is still so funny/cute looking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was originally planning on having him change hair styles a lot in his teen years but then he aged up in that one and I just knew I couldn't ever touch it. He's... <3

      I admit to editing Sophie. Heavily editing Sophie. Pip and Dahlia do NOT make pretty kids O_O. Fawn's a cutie though. You'll see her next chapter. I didn't edit her.

      Delete